All organizations seeking support, regardless of the amount or type requested, are required to follow the timelines below. Please review all application opportunities and familiarize yourself with the corresponding grant offerings and deadlines.
|2022-23: FALL 2022|
|APPLICATION OPEN||August 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022|
|USA LACROSSE INTERNAL REVIEW||September 15, 2022 - September 30, 2022|
|NOTIFICATION DATE||October 19, 2022|
|AGREEMENTS DUE||October 31, 2022|
|ESTIMATED FULFILLMENT||November 2022|
|POST-GRANT REFLECTION DUE||May 1, 2023|
Available Grants: Equipment Grants, Player Clinic Grants, Financial Grants
NOTE: USA Lacrosse continually monitors grant fulfillment availability. USA Lacrosse reserves the right to revise the above timeline to meet or accommodate inventory or fulfillment delays.
USA Lacrosse Grant Process
Stage 1: Eligibility and Application
Review the USA Lacrosse Grant Eligibility Guidelines.
All organizations seeking support, regardless of the amount or type requested, are required to complete a Grant Application. All submissions are reviewed in detail by a panel of USA Lacrosse staff.
Stage 2: Grant Acceptance and Forms
If awarded, granting forms and documentation will be accessible via the Grant Portal. Online forms are signed digitally and serve as contracts between USA Lacrosse and the grantee. All documentation must be completed before a grant can be fulfilled. Failure to meet a grant deadline could result in further review or forfeiture.
Stage 3: Deliverables and Reporting
USA Lacrosse will place all grant orders in bulk during the estimated fulfillment window referenced in the table above.
All grant recipients are required to complete a Post-Grant Reflection. This survey allows USA Lacrosse to better understand the impact of the resources awarded and will guide staff in evaluating and determining the structure and scope of future grant offerings. USA Lacrosse grants are made possible by the generous support of donors. Stories, testimonials, and imagery shared within the Post-Grant Reflection will be relayed to the network of grant supporters to provide further meaning to their gifts. Post-Grant Reflection forms will be accessible via the Grant Portal.
USA Lacrosse Grant Eligibility Guidelines
USA Lacrosse Mission
As the governing body of lacrosse in the United States, USA Lacrosse provides national leadership, structure, and resources to fuel the sport’s growth and enrich the experience of participants.
USA Lacrosse - Our Vision
We envision a future that offers everyone a lifelong opportunity to enjoy the sport of lacrosse.
USA Lacrosse strives to break down barriers to participation by providing resources, training opportunities, grants, programs, and financial support to qualified organizations. USA Lacrosse is committed to delivering grants, programming, and funding to member organizations and non-profits that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Community: A spirit of player-centered collaboration, partnership, and alliance-building throughout the community
- Inclusion: A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Leadership: A committed and experienced local governance
- Support: A strong emphasis on providing services that are transformative in the lives of the athletes
- Culture: A focus on accountability and commitment to best practices and policies
- Purpose: A shared belief in the USA Lacrosse mission; giving every child the opportunity to enjoy lacrosse
- Partnership: A willingness to build and grow a relationship with USA Lacrosse
Organizational Eligibility Requirements
- Must directly serve youth between ages 6-19 with a priority on youth ages 14 and under.
- Must be located in and serve youth within the United States.
- Must operate an organized sport, recreational activity, or fitness program.
- Must offer consistent/structured opportunity for lacrosse play to large groups of children.
- Must deliver programming through experienced and committed leadership.
- Must deliver a minimum 6-weeks of sports/physical activity programming.
- Must follow the USA Lacrosse Anti-Harassment and Discrimination Policy, and Mascot Policy.
- Must be willing and able to comply with USA Lacrosse best practices and recommendations.
- Must express organizational goals that align with the USA Lacrosse Strategic Plan.
- Must demonstrate an area of need and a plan utilize USA Lacrosse support to meet that need.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Applicants must be directly associated with the organization for which they are applying.
- Applicants must submit a completed USA Lacrosse Grant Application within the given window.
- Applicants must provide USA Lacrosse with their organization’s Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- Organizations emphasizing the women’s game or offering programming for both the men’s game and women's game.
- Organizations demonstrating the ability to reach participants in underrepresented and diverse communities.
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation.
- Organizations that require active USA Lacrosse membership/certification of all players and coaches.