32 Quentin Matsui
2022 U.S. Men's U21 Team|
HometownEden Prairie, Minn.
ResidesEden Prairie, Minn.
Quentin Matsui brings a wealth of experience to the USA defense.
There's no substitute for experience and Quentin Matsui has plenty of it. Coming from a relative newcomer on the lacrosse scene, Minnesota, injuries on the defense his freshman year at Virginia put him on the field right away. The former two-time state champion in football started all six games in the pandemic-shortened 2020 season.
The following year, Matsui started 10 games for the national champion Cavaliers. In the 2022 season, Matsui returned to a full-time starting role for the Cavaliers, starting all 16 games while setting career-highs with 28 ground balls and 12 caused turnovers.
- Named to USA team following tryouts in the summer of 2019
- Has played in every U.S. event since
- First player from Minnesota to make a USA national team
- Two-time USA Lacrosse All-American
- Three-time all-state
- Listed as the No. 13 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
- Named 2019 Minnesota Mr. Lacrosse
- Star Tribune Metro Player of the Year
- Starter at Virginia his first three seasons
- Helped Cavaliers win 2021 national championship
- Had 28 ground balls and 12 caused turnovers while starting all 16 games in 2022
- Three games in his career with three caused turnovers