3 Danny Parker
2022 U.S. Men's U21 Team|
HometownMount Sinai, New York
ResidesMount Sinai, N.Y.
Danny Parker's electric play as a defensive midfielder earned him a second shot at the USA team.
Parker tried out for the U.S. U19 team in the summer of 2019, but did not make the initial cut. The postponements from COVID-19 gave him another opportunity and he seized the chance. Parker stood out during a training weekend in Ohio in November 2021, making the final roster.
In three years at Virginia, Parker has developed into one of the top defensive midfielders in the collegiate ranks despite having a setback to an injury in 2021. In the COVID-shortened 2020 season, he was named a freshman All-American by College Crosse. After playing in just one game in 2021 due to injury, he played in 15 games for the Cavaliers last year and had 27 groundballs.
- Participated in tryouts in summer of 2019 for U19 team
- Returned to program during fall 2021 training weekend at Ohio State
- All-county, all-league and all-state at St. Anthony's
- Won a Catholic league state title in 2019
- Also an all-state football player as a wide receiver, setting school records for receiving yards and touchdowns
- Freshman All-American by College Crosse in 2020
- Missed all but one game of 2021 season due to injury
- Played in 15 games in 2022, securing 27 groundballs